Yesterday Bean and I sat down and made our DIY Flip Flop Summer Wreath. The perfect summer decoration for your front door.
Sadly our lovely spring wreath came down but we tucked it away for next year.
Nothing says summer like flip flops. This playful wreath will bring a smile to everyone’s face that knocks at your front door.
*UPDATE: I FOUND THAT THE FLIP FLOPS ENDED UP FALLING OFF OF THE EMBROIDERY HOOP. I ENDED UP REMAKING MY WREATH BY CUTTING A HOOP OUT OF CARDBOARD INSTEAD. UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE.*
What You Need:
- 4 pairs of brightly colored flip flops (I got these from Michael’s for 2 for $5.00)
- A wooden embroidery hoop (alternatively you could cut a ring out of a piece of cardboard and spray paint it)
- Any embellishments you may want to add to your flip flops
- A glue gun
- A piece of ribbon to hang your wreath with
- Tie a loop of ribbon through the hanger of your embroidery hoop that you can later use to hang your wreath with.
- Take your flip flops and space them around your embroidery hoop.
- Going one flip flop at a time, apply hot glue to the embroidery hoop and then press the flip flop against the glue firmly. Continue around your wreath.
- Add any embellishments that you would like to your flip flops. We added silk Gerbera Daisies.
- Hang on your front door.
- Enjoy the smiles of your guests and those who pass by and notice your colorful summer wreath.
Easy Related Posts
Mr. Sun Fabric Busting Baby Teething Toy Sewing Tutorial
One of my dearest friends, Dee, gave birth to a baby boy in December. This ...read more
Natural and Antibacterial DIY Lavender Yoga Mat Spray and Countertop Spray
I've been on a bit of a cleaning kick lately... let me assure you, this ...read more
Handmade Felt and Yarn Wreath Tutorial from So Pretty Felt
I love having wreaths on my front door. I think having a different wreath for ...read more
Creating Needle Felted Animals with Woolbuddies- Zeke The Rabbit
One of my goals for 2014 is to improve on some of my creative skills. ...read more