Every once in awhile you create a recipe that is such a huge hit with both the kids and parents that you want to create it time and time and time again. I’ve been playing with “flavors from the East” a lot since becoming a Blue Dragon Mom. Hoisin, sesame, ginger, garlic, cilantro… they are all flavors that my kids are starting to love just as much as The Hubs and I do. We eat a lot of chicken in our house and playing with new chicken recipes is one of my favorite things to do.
I hope that you’re family loves this recipe just as much as mine does. Bake it in the oven or throw it on the grill. We love it paired with quinoa and grilled vegetables.
Quick and Easy Hoisin Sesame Sticky Chicken Recipe
- 6 Bone in, Skin On Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup Blue Dragon Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tablespoon Blue Dragon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic- minced
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- In a container large enough to marinate chicken in, combine hoisin, balsamic vinegar, honey, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Prick holes in the chicken skin using a sharp knife, toss in marinade and then leave to marinate, skin side down for 2 or more hours.
- Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and lay chicken thighs on top. Reserve marinade. (Alternatively you can throw your chicken thighs on your BBQ Grill).
- In a small saucepan, bring the leftover marinade to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes to reduce and thicken marinade.
- Bake your chicken thighs for 30 minutes (or until cooked through). Baste your chicken with the reduced marinade at the 15 minute mark and the 25 minute mark.
- When chicken is done cooking toss in leftover marinade then sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
I love being a Blue Dragon Mom and being able to experiment with all kinds of different flavors from the east. You can experiment with eastern flavor combinations too! Blue Dragon is very excited to be running a contest on their Facebook page - 5 lucky winners win a package FULL of Blue Dragon products. Win and you can experience for yourselves just how Easy the East can really be.
Tell me… What is your favorite recipe inspired by the East?
Easy Related Posts
Bacon Chocolate Chip Scones with Maple and Sea Salt Drizzle Recipe
----> PIN ME HERE <---- Later this week I start my new weight loss program, so ...read more
30 Handmade Gift Ideas- Sewing, Food, DIY & Craft Ideas from the site that specializes in Creative Living
----> PIN ME HERE <---- For the past 9 days I've been sharing with you some ...read more
Cast Iron Skillet Lemon Blueberry Scone Recipe With Lemon Glaze
I love summer. The recipes that you can make with fresh local produce are unlimited. ...read more
Cast Iron Skillet Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
I'm REALLY into baking with a cast iron skillet right now. For some reason, baking ...read more